No you haven't made a wrong turn, this is still a book blog! But I had some requests to publish the recipe for a peanut butter pie that I've been talking about on my Instagram so... here you go!
I found this particular recipe online somewhere years ago (I can't remember where. If you know please direct me to the correct post so I can credit the original author.) and I've modified it very slightly.
I’ll post the pie recipe below, but first quick notes about the rest of the picture! My book stack has a theme... basically FOOD! Mostly baked goods but a slight detour for Breakfast at Tiffany’s, but you can argue that that could be a croissant, sooo... YUM!
And as for all my life saving devices (also known as coffee holders):
- Fortnum’s clear drink tumbler (filled here with iced coffee) from author Kristen Ashley's Store ... inspired by the coffee/bookshop in her Rock Chick book series.
- Travel Mug, “I drink coffee like a Gilmore” from Stars Hollow Monthly.
- Llama Mug from Anthropologie.
PEANUT BUTTER CHIFFON PIE
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon Kahlúa
2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup peanut butter chips, plus more for garnish (optional)
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 Oreo pie shell
- In a mixing bowl, add the 3 tablespoons powdered sugar to the whipping cream. Whip on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, Kahlúa and 2 cups powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips.
- Gently fold in 3/4 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture (you can do this in a couple batches until incorporated). Leave remaining 1/4 whipped cream to garnish top of pie.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie shell.
- Gently spread remaining whipped cream on top then garnish with extra peanut butter chips if desired.
- Refrigerate pie for at least 4 hours. Serve cold.